I have been a daily user of Zite for years. Zite is my goto source for new information that didn’t make my RSS feed. I deal with story overlap and have come to embrace duplicate stories. It tells me that I have covered all the main sources of information in the areas that I am interested in. One drawback that I have been waiting for is that Zite on my iPad and iPhoneare in sync but there is no way to view my news on the laptop/desktop. That is until Trap.It. With Trap.It, I get all the news discovery of Zite with some pleasant bonuses. First, there is a sync’d desktop client! Second, I can enter any term that I want, not just the predefined terms that I am forced to use with Zite. The app and site are new to me so I am not going to delete my Zite just yet. I will post an update in two weeks and let you know if Trapit has the ability to replace Zite.
Image via CrunchBase
- Trapit brings its personalized search app to the iPad – where it belongs (digitaltrends.com)
- Trapit Launches iPad App to Serve Up Mobile Content Recommendations (betakit.com)
- Trapit for iPad aims to fix mobile browsing with artificial intelligence (venturebeat.com)
- Don’t Call It A News Reader: Trapit Launches Content Browsing App For The iPad (techcrunch.com)
- Web discovery engine Trapit launches iPad app – but it’s not another Flipboard (paidcontent.org)
- Trapit for iPad is a unique news discovery app (tuaw.com)